Staying in the know
Merry-Almost-Christmas! It's been awhile since I've blogged. I think the last time I did I was complaining about everything that needed done for the store. Well look at us now! What a crazy couple of weeks it has been. I have gone from working a few hours a day doing this whole thing online in my home to working every single day, 56 hours a week! I am definitely not complaining though! I love what I do and the people I get to meet every day. It still doesn't really feel real to me that I get to wake up every day and come to the store that is mine, that I designed, and that I picked out the product for. What a crazy feeling that is. I never got to properly thank everyone that came out to support us! Seriously, I was overwhelmed by the response I got at the opening and still cannot believe the turn out that I get every day. I'm sure it doesn't hurt that it is Christmas time, but thank you for deciding to spend your hard earned money here & thank you for choosing to shop locally!
I have quite a few things to say after just 2 weeks of being open so bear with me as I try to bring you all up to speed!
I get a ton of compliments on my prices. That being said, I'm not trying to undercut any other businesses, I promise that is never my intention. I fully support other local businesses and hope you shop there as well! I know what I would want to spend on these products as a customer and that's where I price my products. I don't want anyone who buys from me to feel like all of their money is spent after one purchase! I take great pride in making this an affordable boutique to shop at.
I also have gotten quite a few referrals. I cannot tell you how much that helps my business. Word of mouth is the absolute best form of marketing, in my opinion. So to anyone who has told one person or twenty people about Oh Style, just know that your referrals are the greatest compliment my business could receive and I truly appreciate them. If you love Oh Style or even just like it a little, please spread the word. We want to be here as long as we can :)
I am going to try to post more product on social media because I've had several requests to do so. From Instagram or Facebook you will be able to comment to buy or have me hold something for you. Mostly everything will still be available to buy on the website and have shipped to you or you have the option to pick up in store now as well. I'm really trying to make shopping easy for everyone!
Well I think that's all I have to say for the moment. I will try to do more blogs and post more, like I said. Life can be a little crazy and I'm sure many of you can relate. Thank you for reading & supporting my business!
As many of you know the entire process of getting into our building has been just that - a process. So it pains me to say that we have to move our grand opening to December 10th. We had planned for the 3rd originally because we were supposed to be in our space earlier this month, but it's just not moving at the pace we had hoped it would. Unfortunately, it's out of my control. Believe me I raked my brain all last night to try to figure out how to get in there by the 3rd, but it's just not possible. I am currently frantically trying to get all of our marketing changed so I am sorry for any confusion that may occur. Our landlord is still in there working and once he is done (which should be in the next week or so) we have several things we have to do in there as well. Hopefully, to many of you this is just a simple date change. To me, it's another week where I don't get to see all of your beautiful faces! I cannot wait to show you all the new store so I hope that you will still make it out to our opening. I promise you I will make it worth your while! Thank you for following along on this absolutely chaotic journey.
P.S. Be on the lookout for our BLACK FRIDAY/CYBER MONDAY email going out on Thursday! Oh and of course, Happy Thanksgiving!
We are less than ONE MONTH from opening..*cue panic screams*. To say I have a lot to do would be a definite understatement. Want to know the biggest kicker of all? The space isn't even finished yet. We were supposed to be in there on November 1st, but things got a little off track. Hopefully, the space will be done in the next week or 2 and then that will give me about 2 weeks to get everything done that I need to get done before the grand opening! I am so ready to get in there. It has been a 5 month process, which doesn't seem like that long to most people, but to me it's forever! I'm sure my husband would say this process is taking forever too because everything "oh style" is currently taking over every aspect of our home..he's a trooper though!
I cannot wait for the grand opening to show you all what I have been working on & all of the wonderful new product I have received! Tell everyone you know about our opening because it's going to be a great day with food, drinks, gift wrapping, giveaways and so much more! If you haven't already, mark your calendars for December 3rd & check out the event page pinned at the top of our Facebook page! Thank you for reading and say a little prayer for me that I finish on time without losing the few marbles I have left. ;)
I just thought I would let you all know where we are at in the store process! So we just met our landlord on Monday (we've been in the works with this space since June). He seems like a great guy and I can tell we're going to enjoy leasing the space from him! We got to go into the space again and honestly it looks about the same. The good news is that they started working on it this week. WooWhoo! Can you tell I'm excited? Oh and if you did not already hear our tentative GRAND OPENING is December 3rd!! Click here to see more info and to RSVP (that you're coming, of course!). So I'm sure you've all been wondering what I have been doing since we signed the contract. Actually, I'm not really sure you've been wondering, but I'm going to tell you anyways ;)
I have been:
- Planning another buying trip - Chicago here I come!
- Picking out paint colors - Think light and breezy.
- Ordering/Receiving 2000 pounds of flooring..Which is currently in my garage..Yikes. At least it's pretty?
- Finalizing rack configurations *Shoutout to the man that I have been working with for not reaching through the phone to kill me after I changed the configuration for the 5th time.* I'm allowed to be picky, right?
- Planning lots of fun events for the opening! This is extra fun since it's so close to Christmas.
- Getting box after box of inventory delivered to my house. This is why there is no longer a pick up option at checkout! I'm sorry, but there is literally no room to move where I keep the inventory! Hope you all understand :)
- Ordering lots of new styles for the store.
- Trying to figure out what kinds of decor I want in the store. I love interior design too so I thoroughly enjoy this part.
- Joining the North Canton Chamber of Commerce. Pretty cool, huh?
- Attempting to maintain my sanity knowing that there are a little under 2 months until we open..Eeek!
There is still so much to be done, but I'm trying to enjoy every little moment of this! I know I say this every blog, but seriously thank you for all of the love and support. It reassures me that this is what I am meant to be doing.
Thank you for reading!
*Oh and P.S. check out all of the new arrivals and markdowns. I just marked down a majority of the summer stuff. Plus, now through 10/17 you can take an additional 15% off your purchase of sale items! Use code: CLEARANCE15 at checkout ;)
So as many of you already know we have signed the lease and are moving to Drug Mart Plaza in North Canton (1687 North Main Street, North Canton, Ohio 44720)! WoooWhoo!! I'm so sorry I dragged this out so long, but I didn't want to give you a location and then something happen, but it's official now! So here is what is going on:
- The landlord is going to make it look like a big blank box for us so we have a clean slate to work with. This happens between October 1st and November 1st.
- Then we get to go in and do all of our installations/renovations/upgrades..whatever you want to call it, between November 1st and December 1st.
This means we are looking at an early December opening! Get ready for Christmas shopping at Oh Style Boutique! I truly am so excited to do this. I can't wait to get in there and start making it look the way that I have always dreamed it would look. In the mean time, I would love suggestions or ideas about what you would like to see in the new store. This could mean a certain style of products you'd like to see in the store or this could mean something special you'd like to see us add into the design. Tell me your thoughts below or on Facebook!
I just wanted to take a second to say THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart! Without all of your love and support there is absolutely no way we would be able to make this happen. I am truly grateful. I cannot wait to see all of your smiling faces when we open!
Thank you for reading and following along! :)
I'm sorry it has been over a month since I left you hanging with that storefront information! It has been a crazy month and a half for this girl. Here's what I've been up to:
1: Put in an offer on a location we like for the store (eek!!) - It all started to get very real for me when we sent our "letter of intent" to the realtor. It is an incredibly slow process, but I'm sure it will all be worth it.
2. Went on my first buying trip - Which was so fun, but extremely overwhelming. I was in Las Vegas for 3 days browsing products from thousands of vendors (I don't know if it was actually thousands, but it felt like it). I got some awesome Fall and Winter product that I cannot wait to show you all!
3. Took a much needed vacation with my husband - We spent the last week in Sarasota and we got to celebrate my birthday and our second anniversary while we were there. If we open another store after this one, Sarasota may be the spot ;)
4. Received the lease agreement on the space - This by far is the scariest, most intimidating thing on this list. Our lease agreement is 22 pages of jargon that I just don't completely understand. It makes me feel like I could possibly be signing over my first born child and I wouldn't have a stinkin' clue. Don't worry though, we have someone who is slightly more qualified looking over it as well.
Are you sick of the anticipation yet?! I have been dying to tell you where the store will be. I'm an incredibly impatient person so this is so hard for me. Some of you may know the location from visiting us at the last market. Sorry everyone else, that's just one of the perks they got from coming to see me! I want to get this lease agreement signed and out of my hands before I officially disclose the location, so hang tight! Hopefully by next week I will be able to tell you where and give you all of the juicy details.
Honestly, this process has taken forever (in my world at least). We have been at this since the end of June and are just now getting somewhere so I am so sorry for not being more present. My heart is in this storefront and I cannot wait to share it with all of you! Thank you for reading!